Monday, June 30, 2008

camp blogging trouble

We have made it to church camp! We got here about 5pm Friday. We got the camper set up and then we took the kids over to the playground to play. They had a blast! Now I am the mother with the dirty kids! I couldn't believe how dirty the wet wipe was when Greg gave the kids an Airhead and I decided to clean Seth's hands. Wow, It's day one! We were eating supper at the snack stand (no cafateria on the first night) when the sky got dark and the wind picked up. We went back to the camper and Greg pulled up the weather on the net and then we decided that the camper was no place for us. We took cover at Snieder Hall and found out that a tornato had been spotted not far from us. The storm is over now and we are all safe. I wish I would have taken pics of the people takeing cover. I didn't think of it. I just wanted to get to a safe place. This is what I was going to post Friday when I lost connection. When I went to get back on it was changed to needing a pass word. Now I have found another connection but I'm having trouble getting my pics to download. This is the only one that has downloaded and it was taken before camp. I'll try later.
Here is an outfit that Meg pick out all by herself. We are not going anywhere! Zoom in and you'll see why.

1 comment:

Steve Hight said...

Sorry we didn't get there to see you. I didn't know that anyone would try to get on the 'Net while there! Aren't we an interesting bunch!?

We didn't get back from PA and NJ till Tuesday 7/1 and between being worn out and having to catch up, we didn't get to camp for even one service. I'll have to kick myself!