Sunday, December 21, 2008

4 More Days Till Christmas

Am I the only one finding time to blog this time of year? Actually, I know that I'm not the only one because I have noticed other blogging friends posting less. Well, it's 6 a.m. on Sunday morning and I can't sleep. I remembered that the turtle neck that I want Megan to wear this morning is dirty and it's Christmas Sunday! Got that taken care of and decided to catch up on the blog. We did get the 12ft tree up and decorated. I went with red and gold. This is the first time that I have ever had a tree with a theam. My other tree is just traditional. But I really like it. Teresa, (sister-in-law) who is very good at decorating, came over and helped get it decorated. I was very pleased with the finished product. She said that I did a good job of picking out decorations. I was pleased with the 70% off! She said that we need to hit Old Time Pottery right after Christmas to get more for next year. Anyway here is a pic that we took of the kids. I just love it!

Megan and Seth in front of the new Christmas tree. Note the new outfits that Grandmom and Grandbear O'Donnell sent. Thank you. They fit and look great.

Meg trying out the Longaberger.


Actually, Seth did it first. Meg thought it was cute so she wanted her pic in it too. Looks like kids live here.



Our tree. Actually, we have added more since this pic. Aunt Teresa says we need more.




We took a trip to TN at the beginning of the week. Since we had passes to Dollywood we wanted to take the kids again to enjoy the Christmas festivities. We had a great time. Now that Meg is 4 we had to get a pass for her too. Seth is still free. We only stayed two nights. We rented a cabin. Megan loves the hot tubs. Seth was a little nervous at first but got use to it. We were in it both nights and it felt wonderful. I would love to have one. It's on the list.......way down:( Diapers is more toward the top:) This is a pic of the kids in the cabin.
The kids with their new sleeping bags. Both kids really like them but Meg is especially into it right now.
Greg is really good at baking cookies. (Much better then me.) Here he is at work.
This was the last few that he put in and got busy with something else. I didn't tease him too much.............
Greg was excited to finally get a Kitchen Aid mixer. He had some gift cards that he had been saving for one. He was able to get the biggest one. He kept burning up my hand held ones when he would make a double batch of cookies. He has been wanting one for a long time. Looks like a kid with a new toy.

2 comments:

David and Terri said...

Love the tree! It looks great. Hope you have a merry Christmas!

Steve Hight said...

Hey, thanks for the cute story about missionaries! Yes, that's one for the books. I'll have to try to remember it for special occasions. Blessings on you. Hope you had a nice Christmas. We're headed for Tennessee today (Friday).